My Ultimate Comfort Food: Quesadilla's

Monday, July 4, 2011

In our house, quesadillas are the ultimate quick comfort food. If you aren't familiar with quesadillas, think Mexican version of a grilled cheese sandwich—toasted flour tortillas with melty cheese filling. I am the quesadilla queen (at least in my own mind), having held that title since my days living in the Army barracks alone where I regularly cooked up massive quesadillas on burrito sized tortillas for myself and friends. The two basic ingredients of a quesadilla are cheese (queso is cheese in Spanish) and tortillas, either flour or corn, though usually in the U.S. quesadillas are made with flour tortillas with cheesy filling, baked until browned and crispy. The beauty of quesadilla pie is that it's a great way to use up leftovers and odds and ends. The essentials are the tortillas and the cheese; after that it's up to you as to the variety and type of filling you want. Black beans are good, as are onions, chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms. I hope yours are as yummy for you as mine are for me!! Cheese rules!!!

Copyright © 2011 www.http://behindthewhitepicketfencearmylife.blogspot.com. All rights reserved

0 feedback opinions:

Post a Comment