Deeply Devoted Soulmates: Livin our Happily ever after

Tuesday, August 16, 2011
 The years have come & gone, with many chapters written. My love for my soldier is as strong today as it was over 10 yrs ago when he said hello. Its been a wonderful gift to love my american hero. There is nothing he will ever do that will lessen my love for him. My world revolves around him and our amazing family. I have come to learn that soldiers need prayers not only when deployed but also after. In fact I think they need them more after. I will never know what the memories from down range hold, but I do know the toll that they have taken. My soldier is not alone, I know that & I hope he does as well. We are blessed with a very strong, understanding, forgiving kind of love for each other & we are able to tell when each other is going through a rough time. My husband has been my rock since before I got out of the Army & has been my strongest supporter. I am forever in debt to him for standing by my side for the many years of our marriage that I was undiagnosed as being Bipolar Type II. We have been on top of the world and we have been at rock bottom. Once I was diagnosed and placed on medication things began to make alot more sense to BOTH of us. I have brought tremendous baggage & trauma to the union of our marriage but he has always been there to hold my hand and tell me that everything is going to be alright. We have reached a point in our marriage, 9 yrs in, having survived 2 very long deployments and my husbands 14 yr Army career its time for me to be the one that holds everything together. While he goes through the motions of going to work and coming home, its all starting to take its toll on him. Being diagnosed with PTSD is something that I know, personally, will cripple you to the core if you allow it too. He is the greatest husband a woman could dream of having, hes also a fantastic devoted father, son & brother. I know that depression greatly diminishes your view of your life and what you perceive yourself to be worth. I want him (& others) to know that you are NOT alone. The materialistic things that you posses DO NOT make who you are. Your diagnosed trauma does not make you less of a being or make you unlovable. I love my husband so much that I would do anything to ease the burden he carries, the trauma he has seen & take all his pain from him if I could. Since I cant the only other option is to, hold his hand, hold him tightly in my arms, listen to everything he has to say, support his decisions & show him how much I love him, I every possible way I can. I said till death do us part & promise to cherish him. He has taught me so much about life, I feel older but in a good way. I have always known I have been wiser beyond my years and to have him add to my knowledge is to me a great blessing. He is very smart and is a wonderful teacher. He is doing & will do great things in his future. As our family is growing I am twitterpated with the fact that he is all mine. I feel like a kid in a candy store. The rest of my life holds so much promise & the things that we can accomplish together are yet to be seen. We are giving our children a great life & its a sense of achievement knowing we are giving our children a better life than we had. So as the day comes to a close, I can say without a doubt, we are so much in love and hold each other every night while we sleep. I dont know why we have a king size bed, we could fit in a twin............just makes more room for our munchkins. My husband and I are living our happily ever after. There is no where else I want to be & I'm exactly where I am meant to be. I'm done for the night but will be back tomorrow to talk about our family and how much it means to us. Night all ((hugs))
my

0 feedback opinions:

Post a Comment